Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sick Fitness

Things were (note past tense) going great up through quite recently on the bike. Bike fitness was at an all-time high, at least for FTP. Two weeks ago, I was fortunate enough to win Strasburg as well as Gundel on back to back days.


Here are two photos from Gundel, which I like:


Yeah, I should be sprinting in the drops...next year...I promise. Got an upgrade to 3 too, so that is cool.



Unfortunately, the flu (ie sick fitness) hit me really hard this week. I've been on the bike the last two days, but they have both been just totally weak. Went to do a tune-up ride today, but I found myself hacking away out on the ride. No dice.

This blog might link to GamJams.net now, but it might not. I have to figure out exactly how to make that happen. I have to install some site tracking scripts and stuff, not really sure how to do it. However, it can't be hard if all the other guys figured it out.

No pavo (turkey day) for me this year. My sole focus currently is a 20K TT out in San Diego in October. I grew up there, and it is a great reason to visit the parents. Maybe I can do some surfing the day before the TT; that sounds like the perfect tune up ride.

Patrick and I picked up two of these type of soft top surfboards(below) for when we are back in San Diego. The place was going out of business, so we got both boards for $160 total--that is an amazing deal. I used to be able to surf a short board quite well, but those skills have atrophied now that I am land-locked. Soft long boards are great. They are very bouyant, and they actually turn fairly easily. They are perfect for us when back in town, especially if we have friends who want to learn to surf too.
I want to try some cross stuff too. I should be crazy fit from an FTP standpoint in October, so I might as well see if I can put that FTP + triathlon flying dismount skillz to the test on a cross course. I'm sure I will just make a fool of myself, since I'm not much of a technical guy, but it sounds like a good excuse to fill cycling water bottles with beer ;-)

How fun does this look?!?!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home