Sunday, September 14, 2008


So I'm obviously back from San Diego. It was great to ride out there. I basically obliterated my legs each day I felt good, and I took it easy on the days my legs needed to rest. Listen to the body, track training markers and metrics in Cycling Peaks WKO+, get a boost in fitness.

This weekend was a big weekend of racing. Giro di Coppi--a 50 mile hilly Road Race--up near Frederick and Turkey Day Cat 3/4 and Cat 4 races the next day. For those of you who know the lingo, I had a nice pop in TSB coming into the weekend. I was ready to rock and roll.

I take forever to get ready for races. I'm not really sure why. Its just one of the things I know about myself. I have learned how to deal with it, but I have to make a concerted effort to be early for things. I was on the wait list for Coppi. This meant I didn't get to register until registration for pre-registered riders closed--15 minutes before race time. I had to use the little boys room, but I didn't want them to give away my wait listed spot, so I decided to do that stuff afterwards.

Well, to make a long story short, it took me about 90 seconds too long to register, hit the boys room, get my number on, and to put my number on my spare wheels for the support truck.

THE RACE STARTED WITHOUT ME....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I chased really hard. I had to catch up 90 seconds. I thought I could do it. I got within 30 seconds, then I missed the first turn on the course. That put me back at about 2.5 minutes. I got it back to about 1 minute, but I couldn't close it any further. I ended up just riding really hard by myself for an hour. I made a deal with myself that if I didn't catch the pack after an hour that I could go home.

Power Junkies...309 watts AP, 342 NP. Its hilly out there, so that explains the variability. Probably could have done a bit better if I didn't bury myself the first 10 minutes...good workout. Terrible race result.

What will the Crits at Turkey Day bring? My legs feel great.


Post a Comment

<< Home