Saturday, August 29, 2009

Where did I go?

So a lot has happened since my last blog post. Basically, when the economy fell off the cliff last fall it really impacted me in that I really changed my focus. For those who don't know, I sell automated parking revenue control equipment. Since we sell to the commercial property market, we had to really ramp up our efforts due to our clients being critically impacted. Capital purchases have been delayed, postponed, and cancelled. All-in-all it has been a great learning experience, and I truly believe I have added business acumen in order to adapt and to grow out of this challenge.

Long story short, I rode my bike 5 times from December through April. This is not exactly ideal training!

I've been back on the bike quite a bit recently. My primary focus has been to lose weight which I put on over the winter, and my secondary focus has been to improve threshold fitness. I was a beefy 205-210 at some point this spring. I'm down to 180, with my eyes set on 170. FTP is right around 350 right now, although it might be closer to 360. Last Saturday was 20' @ 358, 3' EZ, 20 @ 376. The NP for that was 362, including the rest section, and that has worked as a good FTP estimator in the past. I prefer to estimate low though, so 350 it is.

No swimming, and no running right now. Ironically, considering my last post, its all about the bike right now.

Goals for remainder of year:
1. Cat 3 Upgrade.
2. Cat 2 Upgrade as stretch goal for 2009.
3. Super stretch of 25:00 flat for 20K TT in October in San Diego.

Races:
1. Strasburg RR Cat 4/5 on 8/29
2. Cat 4 Crit in DE on 8/30
3. Turkey Day 3/4
4. Turkey Day 4 or 1/2/3
5. Tour of the Catskills 9/19-9/21. (TT and two hard RRs)
6. Fiesta Island 20K TT 10/10

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter Warner said...

holy crap! Nice to see you resurrect the blog! your blog popped up to the top of my list with the update. congrats again on Strasburg!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Lindsey Jerdonek said...

I'll believe it when I see it.

:)

sounds good Flanagan! see you around HP some tue/thu

9:33 PM  
Blogger TriDave said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear you are on the bike and training hard again.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home